The Reeel Deal Madden Franchise
Week 15 Advances Wednesday at Midnight, Please get your games played ASAP.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Week 15 Advances Wednesday at Midnight, Please get your games played ASAP.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Player position changes

3 posters

Go down

Player position changes Empty Player position changes

Post  delriogrande Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:41 pm

What type of position changes are acceptable?

I'm talking about playing safeties at linebacker or putting LB's at DE or DT.

Should the rules be different for offense and for defense?

I've seen other leagues specify that you can only have LB for LB, DE/DT for DL, TE for TE, RB for RB, FB for FB, etc.

Are there any rules on this subject? Obviously defensive packages like "LB Rush" can place LBs as DEs and should thus be allowed but with manual depth charts, at what point do we draw the line, if at all?
delriogrande
delriogrande

Back to top Go down

Player position changes Empty Re: Player position changes

Post  Admin Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:52 pm

I'm not too worried about it. Don't do anything ridiculous but short of that I don't really care. I play Dumervil and Moss at DE sometimes because they are really a hybrid between DE and LB. I think thats completely fair.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trdmadden.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LT4LiFE Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:15 pm

In my opinion.. It is like categories (FS,SS), (OLB, MLB), (DE,DT), (CB) - For Defense.. and of course the nickle package subs and dime subs, like the special rush plays. Also I don't mind the LB for DE, because it does happen.. and even the game has the Special Packages in nickle and dime.

I believe offense should Stay by position accept for TE can be put as WR, but not WR for TE.. and RB for WR, because there are not many RBs that have the good hands, but you'll see it in real life, like Westbrook, Bush, and Tiki Barber when he played, Marshall Faulk probably was the best at it.
LT4LiFE
LT4LiFE

Back to top Go down

Post  LT4LiFE Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:15 pm

In my opinion.. It is like categories (FS,SS), (OLB, MLB), (DE,DT), (CB) - For Defense.. and of course the nickle package subs and dime subs, like the special rush plays. Also I don't mind the LB for DE, because it does happen.. and even the game has the Special Packages in nickle and dime.

I believe offense should Stay by position accept for TE can be put as WR, but not WR for TE.. and RB for WR, because there are not many RBs that have the good hands, but you'll see it in real life, like Westbrook, Bush, and Tiki Barber when he played, Marshall Faulk probably was the best at it.
LT4LiFE
LT4LiFE

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:21 pm

I guess I should have clarified that. A WR at TE is using an exploit in my opinion, I dunno if they still have that package in goal line where your 1st string wideout lines up next to the tight end or not. Just think about it. I don't want to control every aspect of peoples games, I don't want to limit creativity but keep it fair and use good judgement. I haven't had complaints about it yet, if I do then I will make guidelines at that point. I think we are all mature enough to know what is fair and what is not.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trdmadden.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down