The Reeel Deal Madden Franchise
Week 15 Advances Wednesday at Midnight, Please get your games played ASAP.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Week 15 Advances Wednesday at Midnight, Please get your games played ASAP.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eagles - Chiefs Game Recap (Week 3)

Go down

Eagles - Chiefs Game Recap (Week 3) Empty Eagles - Chiefs Game Recap (Week 3)

Post  Guest Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:17 pm

Final Score: 49-31

Post game thoughts:
On Offense: I think we did everything right on offense today. We came out wanting to run the football to open up the pass. First play of the game Westbrook runs for a 77-yard TD. That opened things up for us. It put Kansas city on their heels on defense. We gave the ball to Westbrook 8 times. He got 200 yards on the ground with those 8 carries. It let us put in Eldra Buckley and let him get some playing time. He had a healthy 30 yards i think on 7 carries. But a lot of the credit goes towards the offensive line today. They did a great job. I don't think I saw McNabb pressured all day. They didn't allow any sacks and opened the door for Westbrook. I'm very happy with them today. I'm also happy with McNabb. He was very poised today. He completed what...19 of 22 passes for 239 yards, a TD, and no picks. What more can I ask for? I also want to give a lot of credit to Jackson. He showed a lot of determination. And Celek with 6 catches, once again providing that secure checkdown.
On Defense: We mixed it up a lot today. But I still think theres room for improvement. We let Larry Johnson have too many yards, rushing and receiving. Trent Cole had 3 sacks. Hell of a player. We ran a lot of zone blitz plays this week and got beat a few times but yea. Came away with 3 sacks, 2 picks, and fumble recovery by Sheldon Brown for a TD. I'm happy with some things. Disappointed with others. We have a bye this next week and you can count on us working out some of those kinks on defense.
Special Teams: We did a great job tackling. Ummm...it seemed like they were starting beyond the 30-yard line after every kickoff. We'll work on that. On the other side Maclin did a solid job returning kicks. Every time it seemed like he was just going to take off all the way. He did have a 76-yard kick return but was stop short of the endzone. He did good today.

Ok thats it for today. See you all back here in a couple weeks after the Tampa Bay game.

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum