The Reeel Deal Madden Franchise
Week 15 Advances Wednesday at Midnight, Please get your games played ASAP.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Week 15 Advances Wednesday at Midnight, Please get your games played ASAP.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Length

4 posters

Go down

What length of quarter do you prefer

Game Length Vote_lcap42%Game Length Vote_rcap 42% 
[ 10 ]
Game Length Vote_lcap58%Game Length Vote_rcap 58% 
[ 14 ]

Total Votes : 24

Game Length Empty Game Length

Post  Admin Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:02 am

A few owners have asked about longer quarters so I thought I would take a poll and see what the majority thinks.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trdmadden.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Game Length Empty Re: Game Length

Post  Guest Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:19 pm

I think it should be longer than 7 but if it's between these 2...def 7.

Back to top Go down

Post  winnietheboss23 Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:44 am

Guys are putting up big numbers in 6 min quarters. We could make it longer if you want to see scores of 150-123.... plus some of us don't have enough free time to play a two hour game.
winnietheboss23
winnietheboss23

Back to top Go down

Post  airbullard Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:41 am

i didn't know that this league wasn't going to use 15sec accelerated clock... it's already a pretty long game IMO... i would not make it longer.. i really don't have time to play even longer games... i'll probably take most of the playclock down just to keep the games shorter for me.

is that frowned upon? i like to use the running game and control the ball and limit possessions...

airbullard

Back to top Go down

Post  Energ21 Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:22 am

Well this is an old thread. I think were set on 7 no accel.

And I wouldn't say that kind of style of play is wrong. But you'll bore the hell out of everyone that plays you if you wait until playclock runs down. Especially with no accel clock. I think where it's at right now gives a better reflection of realistic stats.

When I play sometimes the playclock rubs down a little. I like to scan the field and such. But if I know what I want to do I snap it earlier.

I'm just happy I already played the jets. Cause lord knows how boring a game gets when someone sits on the ball all game.
Energ21
Energ21

Back to top Go down

Post  airbullard Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:29 am

yeah i mean i wouldn't do that if i had the time.. but last night the game was supposed to start at 10pm, we had some problems getting connected and got started around 10:20.. and i had to be somewhere by 11:30... i was up and the opponent was not completing a lot of his passes, so the clock wasn't moving when he had the ball... i had to get it over with..

i agree with you in that i don't like the accel clock sometimes because on first downs and change of possession or whatever, by the time you get to the line you only have 9 sec and can't really set anyone in motion.. but i just don't want to play 90 min games, which could happen if it was passing only shoot out

airbullard

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:07 am

airbullard wrote:but i just don't want to play 90 min games, which could happen if it was passing only shoot out

This. It's the only reason why I wanted it 2 go to 6.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum