The Reeel Deal Madden Franchise
Week 15 Advances Wednesday at Midnight, Please get your games played ASAP.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Week 15 Advances Wednesday at Midnight, Please get your games played ASAP.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reports of Rule Violations

+4
LargeBillsONLY
millertime1132
abryant17
Admin
8 posters

Go down

Reports of Rule Violations Empty Reports of Rule Violations

Post  Admin Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:49 pm

If you play a user who has violated the rules please post the problems you had with their game-play style here. You must also include video clips of the plays in question. No action can be taken with out some kind of proof. You get one warning, your second warning will be a boot.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trdmadden.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Reports of Rule Violations Empty Re: Reports of Rule Violations

Post  abryant17 Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:40 pm

winnie the pooh glitched the game out so i couldnt pick a play. backfired on him though cause jared lorenzen took the snap and threw it straight at brian cushing. beware of winnie tho, hes a cheeser
abryant17
abryant17

Back to top Go down

Reports of Rule Violations Empty largebills

Post  millertime1132 Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:19 am

The lions guy was up on me 28-10 in the fourth with less than 4 minutes left and he passed his way to a touchdown. He had shut me down all game, but he was not trying to run clock. His argument will be that 18 points wasn't a comfortable lead but I guess if I had the lead he did I would have been running the rock to keep the clock moving, not throwing downfield. No, I couldn't stop him, and thats my problem. But it just didn't seem sim to me. He got to the 2 yard line and passed it in. I'm just mad at my play maybe, what do you guys think? Overreaction?
millertime1132
millertime1132

Back to top Go down

Post  LargeBillsONLY Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:21 am

"Downfield" apparently constitutes a 1-yard stop route that just happened to have a broken tackle after which CJ ran down to the 1 yard line.

I'll have him cover up the ball and stand where he catches it for you next time.

NNNNNNNNNOT.

EDIT: The entire drive was two plays in which the yardage-before-catch total would have been 3 yards.
LargeBillsONLY
LargeBillsONLY

Back to top Go down

Reports of Rule Violations Empty really

Post  millertime1132 Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:21 pm

Ok, this is my last say on this, Ya, you had a big pass play(which by the way, which playbook has a one yard stop?) That doesn't explain the rest of the drive and quarter. You can go back and look at the play selection and see that his pass to run ratio from 4 minutes on was rediculous. You had me beat, you really did, and I was fine with it till I realized you weren't done trying to aggressively score. According to the rules you need to attempt to run clock when up by 21 so you didn't break any rules or anything,. I was just dissapointed that you couldn't just take the win without rubbing it in my face. Good luck the rest of the way, your a very smart player and you earned the win, I just don't think the late push for points is necessary.
millertime1132
millertime1132

Back to top Go down

Post  LargeBillsONLY Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:34 pm

To answer your inquiry, every single playbook out there with a WR screen in it, which is the vast majority. And the "rest of the drive" was one play - a very gutsy and risk-taking trying-to-run-up-the-score 2-yard pass to a wide open TE.

My pass/run ratio was 26/17. And I do pass more often when I see my opponent is clearly blitzing. My top OL is an 80 and the rest are below that mark. I'm not running my valuable young 1-year A-potential RB at blitzes late in the game behind my horrible OLine and I'm not putting in my backup to do so and giving you a chance to come back, period.

But I'm glad to see you admit you were wrong. Perhaps you should check the rules before you post in this thread getting all accusatory next time.

Good day, sir.
LargeBillsONLY
LargeBillsONLY

Back to top Go down

Post  abryant17 Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:10 am

battle royale
abryant17
abryant17

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:04 am

This is really more of a matter of judgement that I don't feel like addressing to seriously unless I get multiple complaints about one person doing it. I have a little trouble believing your motives because it is pretty obvious how dedicated you are to Calvin Johnson's stats. (Not a bad thing, but makes your argument slightly less believable) I feel as though if you were really that worried about injuries you wouldn't be giving the ball to your best player and even if you were going to pass would choose a different receiver. If your up big late in the game just run the ball, if its somewhat close I understand passing, but it is really not that hard to run clock and be considerate. I don't feel as though I should make rules about this, everyone should just be able to use good judgement.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trdmadden.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LargeBillsONLY Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:40 am

Me? Dedicated to Calvin Johnson's stats? What ever would give you that idea?

But seriously, the modern-day Colts and Patriots make plenty of short possession-based throws to maintain ball control late in games. CJ caught the ball at or behind the line of scrimmage. This one just happened to have the receiver break a tackle and find some open field ahead. If he'd just been tackled for a 2 yard gain this wouldn't even be a conversation.
LargeBillsONLY
LargeBillsONLY

Back to top Go down

Reports of Rule Violations Empty Eagles owner

Post  ImbecileStream Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:42 pm

Just finished my game with the Eagles.

I thought it was a little unsim how he was up a TD about halfway through the 4th, 4th and 5 at about my 40, and he went for it. I don't see how any NFL team would go for it in that situation. I msg'd him reminding him it was sim to which he replied "ur stupid u dont know football". He proceeded to win the game because he converted and then upon the completion of the game msg'd me saying "gg loser". Kind of immature.

Anyway, had he not have gone for it, I would have had a chance to go down the field and score again. Again, I don't see how this can be justified at all by being sim, in fact it reminded me of playing a ranked match. Not to mention his constant scrambling with McNabb.

Thanks
ImbecileStream
ImbecileStream

Back to top Go down

Post  dbake333 Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:16 pm

I dont know where to start....4th and 5 at his 39, so I can either punt, which would most likely net a whole 19 yards or go for a fg but i was short on a 47 yard attempt earlier, so that was out of the discussion. So, why not go for it when I'm only 5 yards away? NFL teams do this all the time in this situation in this territory between the 35 and 40. And as far as the comments he started it with me trying to act like I dont know football or something. And as for McNabb i guess 40+ yards rushing is constant scrambling? Lol ok then I guess it was he had probably 6 or 7 carries and all were on plays that broke down and no wr were open. Maybe the Cowboys are just bitter that at 6-1 they lost a game that they needed to stay tied with the Giants. Oh and I punted a 4th and 2 at midfield, so dont act like I wasnt playing sim I couldve gone for that too. Actually, I cant even believe Im in here defending myself this should be a total non issued
dbake333
dbake333

Back to top Go down

Post  ImbecileStream Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:40 am

You're right, teams do go for it occasionally with the field position you were in. But not when they are up by a TD with 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter. In real life, a team would try to pin the opposing team within the ten. I've seen it happen countless times before and I've never seen a team go for it in that situation.
ImbecileStream
ImbecileStream

Back to top Go down

Post  Energ21 Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:44 am

4th downs are always a BIG argument. Keep them realistic, if I get a complaint and I see you went for five 4th downs in a game where you weren't playing from behind then I will know you weren't playing Sim. Inside the 5-10 yard line I am not going to make a whole lot of restrictions... Teams go for it in real life. Also between your opponents 35-45 I could see going for a short fourth down. Keep it real guys. It all depends on the situation.

That's our current 4th down rule. 4th and 5 isn't neccessarily 4th and short. However. It does fall in between the yard mark that's listed and he only went for it on 4th down one time. It makes sense cause it looks like you guys couldn't stop each other from scoring which brings up the whole "having your offense on the field is the best defense" at that time arguement. That's my 2 cents
Energ21
Energ21

Back to top Go down

Post  Gilfish Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:48 am

the eagles went for fourth and short on their own 30 to try to get things goin in a non fourth situation this past sunday
Gilfish
Gilfish

Back to top Go down

Post  ImbecileStream Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:00 pm

But again, the Eagles (in real life) weren't up by a TD late in the game. In this Madden league, they were. I have never seen a team go for it on 4th and 5 with 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter UP by a TD. I could understand if he was down, but he wasn't.

And actually, a lot of the points scored in the game we played came off of defense/special teams.
ImbecileStream
ImbecileStream

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down