The Reeel Deal Madden Franchise
Week 15 Advances Wednesday at Midnight, Please get your games played ASAP.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Week 15 Advances Wednesday at Midnight, Please get your games played ASAP.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

D/C and quits

4 posters

Go down

D/C and quits Empty D/C and quits

Post  Energ21 Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:20 pm

It's happened against me 2 times both while I am up. One early in a game one late in a game. Both times I've decided to not finish vs the CPU. But from now on, I am going to finish them out. Just a fair warning to all. I'm not an awesome madden player so wins don't come easy for me. You'll never find me quitting or D/C ing.
Energ21
Energ21

Back to top Go down

D/C and quits Empty Re: D/C and quits

Post  Guest Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:26 pm

we need some sort of rule. I D/c in the 1st half of my first game( i re loged), since i Dced and was down it was finished. ended up losing by 45.

What we did in other leagues was wait 10 mins, if the player does not relog you finish
if he does u replay the game, but get back to the score it was, so it was like it never happend. the stats my not be the same but it works.

Last edited by Benteal_ on Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Energ21 Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:34 pm

I agree. However until there's a rule in place this is how I will continue to play. Sucks waisting an hour of time only to not have it count. If it's in the first half, I'll most likely look for a replay. Unless I'm up like 3 scores. Use common sense basically.
Energ21
Energ21

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:08 pm

I feel as though from your post your under the thought that I quit/DC on purpose. While I understand the frustration I told you that you could finish the game since it was obviously something on my side of the connection that failed. Being down one point with over five minutes to play even with you in the red zone is hardly a reason for me to quit. I was guaranteed to get the ball back, down by a maximum of 8 points with at least 3 minutes and 3 timeouts left. Once again I understand your frustration and I am sorry for the inconvenience. I was pretty upset at the time also because I was pretty sure I was going to get a loss for a game I felt like I had a reasonable chance to win. Disconnects are bound to happen every now and again, we will just do our best to get through it while understanding that it is part of playing madden. I prefer to leave it up to the two players who played the game to decide the best way to resolve it, if an agreement can't be reached then I will make a decision for that particular game/situation.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trdmadden.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

D/C and quits Empty d/c and quiting

Post  chris31sh Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:46 pm

i think that if you can tell it was strictly a d/c and there was no ill intention that you shouldnt be able to play the rest of the game against the computer... unless its a complete blowout. but as far as quiting.. A.) that owner should be kicked unless he leaves on his own. and B.) that you should be allowed to finish against the computer.
chris31sh
chris31sh

Back to top Go down

Post  Energ21 Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:58 pm

I wasn't naming names. It's happened 2 outta 3 ganes so yea that's partially why I posted this. The other reason was to let everyone know what I would do in case that happened again. That's all.
Energ21
Energ21

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:05 pm

Alright just making sure. Also I want to suggest if you can fit it on your Hard Drive you install madden on there. In the case of the disconnect that happened to me it seemed more like it was something with the game as opposed to my connection. It will eliminate disk read error and so on. Just think it could help out a little bit.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

D/C and quits Empty D/C

Post  neon21 Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:13 pm

I think the only way a game should be continued against a computer is for one of the following a team is up by 2 scores or more at any time of the game. If the player is loseing and the other person D/C I dont think the person loseing should ever continue agiest the computer to get a win they shouldn't get. The game should be started get the score to where it was and start the game where it was left off. If your on the final drive of the game down by 3 then start the game get to where you were on the field and continue from there just knowing how much time was left. But il let everyone know now if its a 1 point game and someone decides to play agiest the computer that just crazy we are all here to have fun. If im down by 2 scores and I DC I give everyone promission to play agiest the cumpter. With its in the 1st quertar or 4th 2 scores down should be a win for the person up.

Last edited by neon21 on Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Very bad spelling)
neon21
neon21

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:51 pm

Ya I think everyone should use their best judgement. We are here to play against each other, not the cpu. Try your best to replay the game. If it was an obvious loss then go ahead and finish it out. Just talk to the player about it and so on. I feel as though its not appropriate for me to make rules about this because every case will be different.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum