The Reeel Deal Madden Franchise
Week 15 Advances Wednesday at Midnight, Please get your games played ASAP.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Week 15 Advances Wednesday at Midnight, Please get your games played ASAP.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eagles - Saints Game Recap (Week 2)

Go down

Eagles - Saints Game Recap (Week 2) Empty Eagles - Saints Game Recap (Week 2)

Post  Guest Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:05 pm

Saints Post Game Thoughts:
On Offense:
I felt like we established the running game early on and continued with it throughout the entire game. Brian Westbrook went over 200 yards on the day. Westbrook seemed to beat any and all run blitzes. McNabb for the most part was held in check. He was a game manager in this game and truth be told I was a little surprised. I figured we could go in and attack that secondary with a lot of success but thats how it is. We went to Celek alot in the game. He seemed to be McNabb's checkdown when facing pressure.
On Defense:
What can I say about the Defense we were playing out there today. We got carved up. And its not the players' faults. Its the coaching staff and the playcalling. We'll definately fix that in the next week. It seemed like everyone was thinking "strip" when they should have been thinking "tackle." We had...what was it....5...or 6 forced fumbles and I believe we recovered 5. That helped us out greatly, especially when they get returned for touchdowns which happened twice. We got pressure on Brees at times but I don't think it was enough. We came away with two sacks and one interception. I'd like to state for the record that Chris Gocong was a force out there. He only had a few tackles and one sack but he brought consistant pressure. Devery Henderson is a great football player and he killed us out there today. But like I said we need to work on some things regarding the secondary and playcalling.
On Special teams: I was very happy with Desean's performance returning kicks and punts. He handled himself very well out there today.
On next week: Next week we have the Chiefs and I'm looking forward to having pressure on their QB all day long.

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum