The Reeel Deal Madden Franchise
Week 15 Advances Wednesday at Midnight, Please get your games played ASAP.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Week 15 Advances Wednesday at Midnight, Please get your games played ASAP.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

San Diego vs Miami debacle

5 posters

Go down

San Diego vs Miami debacle Empty San Diego vs Miami debacle

Post  Gilfish Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:26 am

We started our game, my Xbox freezes after the coin toss. I shrug say that was wierd to Bax and try again.

Excellent game to start. Was very defensive. was 13-7 when Ronnie Brown broke several tackles on the way to the touchdown. i select block FG for XP then my 360 freezes AGAIN. I relog online and tell Dolphins my apologies and I didn't understand what happened. It was a fluke because my 360 has never done that to me before. Bax expressed his suspicion that I did it on purpose. At least thats what I gathered.

From there, my night turned to the worse.

We tried again, and before i knew it it was 28-6. I tried to climb back in it, but 2 interceptions returned for touchdowns made it impossible. After I scored again, I was going to do onside kick because i wanted to keep his offense off the field. It caught him offguard and he called a timeout. I then changed my mind and wanted to really hope for a 3 and out. He let me know how i couldn't stop him by scoring on that position. I just wanted the game to end asap, so I was hoping he would just run the clock and kneel the ball. Instead several plays with less than 2 min to go he was in the shotgun throwing to Muhammad and what seemed to me was running up the score and stats.

All in all, the Dolphins are a great running team with both combinations in wildcat and running plays. I advise everyone playing the Dolphins to watch out for them. They have a very strong running game and it is not something to be taken lightly.

On a more personal note, I will admit that I have indeed quit ranked games. I'll be the first to admit its pretty bad when my ranked DNF% is 20% roughly, with most of those me getting so frustrated and angry that I couldn't finish it. Some of them was some dudes quitting on me. However, I told myself I would not quit any game whatsoever while I am in this franchise. This franchise is actually turning out to be alot more fun and in depth and something I want to be apart of. So in order to be a better player I told myself I'm not gonna quit a single game. The way I interpreted this game was me being punished for my 360 fucking up on me. But you know more than likely I'm overreacting and over analyzing everything that happened.

To sum up all this rambling and ranting, watch out for the Dolphins they are a really good team and someone to be reckoned with.
Gilfish
Gilfish

Back to top Go down

San Diego vs Miami debacle Empty Running up score

Post  neon21 Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:59 am

If he was up by 3 score with 2 min to go and still passing the ball it could be concidered running up the score. Now if you call a time out after he runs the ball then by no means is it running up the socre cause that shows me the guy on the other end thinks he can come back and wants you to throw the ball. Just my opinion, might be crap but everyone has them lol
neon21
neon21

Back to top Go down

San Diego vs Miami debacle Empty Re: San Diego vs Miami debacle

Post  delriogrande Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:32 pm

That sounds like running up the score and should be frowned upon.

This guy sounds like he was padding stats which is lame but if you aren't covering the reciever he's cheesing with, then it's partly to blame on you as well. I think he should be running anyway at that point inthe game.

These 100 score games that have occured are not realistic either and should be looked at if they continue to occur. Obviously sometimes a player is simply outmatched but have some respect and remember the guy on the otherside of the game probably wants to end the blow out as soon as possible.
delriogrande
delriogrande

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:41 pm

Neither team involved in the 100 Point game is currently in this league. If you are up big RUN THE BALL. It's considerate and what should be done. I understand if your up 7 and you don't want to give the ball back and your passing. That is obviously a situation where it is acceptable. If your up 21 or more in the 4th points I don't see any reason why the ball should be passed. If your worried about hurting your RBs average YPC because the run will be expected, put in your backup. I don't have much respect for running your opponent into the ground. Sometimes it's unavoidable, but when your on offense run the ball if your up that big.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trdmadden.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:31 pm

I've heard things about the one they call Baxter..

You've indulged my suspicions.

Back to top Go down

Post  Baxter 4 prez Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:31 pm

I don't know, I can tell you I wasn't intentionally trying to run up the score, and I'm sorry if it appeared that way. For example, I won my second game 24-16 and I didn't try running up the score late in the game, same with the first game...I'm sorry that I didn't pay more attention to what I was doing out there. It's my fault, and I'll take responsibility for it.

--Baxter

Baxter 4 prez

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:37 pm

All in favor of booting Baxter, say I.

Just kidding..

If he's throwing the ball, tighten up your defense and intercept/stop it. Seems like a better chance for you to put some more points up on the board.

Instead of getting offended by him "padding his stats", practice your defense and see what you did wrong. That's the way I look at it. 26-6 isn't offensive yet, imo.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:29 pm

I agree that this is a sim league and if your winning you should run the football unless your one of those teams that just likes to watch other teams suffer and you dont really care....cough Belicheck and the Patriots cough cough evil old man cough cough.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:09 pm

Sometimes the other guy makes it difficult not to score. Coupled with that fact that accelerated clocks are turned off..yikes.

I'm sure I'll get bitched at by someone, I'm going to say it now, The Vikings made it very difficult to not run up the score. 65-33. I don't believe I had any passing TDs in the 2nd half and I know for a fact I didnt have any in the 4th quarter. Where do you draw the line between just going 3 and out and just giving him too many chances. He had 7 turnovers, scores going to be run up like that when you're constantly giving the ball back. I don't know about you guys, but I'm not going to fall short on a rushing TD and Im definitely not going to give up a score on a interception when I'm wide open. If I'm in FG range you bet I'm going to kick a FG. While running up the score isn't cool, sometimes its hard not to. I'm not trash talking, but I'm sure Im going to catch some flak from someone about it, so here is my defense. I'm not trying to be rude, but it's a different story when you aren't the spectator. Besides, he put in Jackson over Favre and just scrambled with him all 2nd half.

Anyways, it's a rival game, things get heated. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:08 am

All I have to say is games get outta hand in the NFL too, more than anything I'm asking for people to not intentionally make them worse than they have to be. That's all.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trdmadden.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down