The Reeel Deal Madden Franchise
Week 15 Advances Wednesday at Midnight, Please get your games played ASAP.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Week 15 Advances Wednesday at Midnight, Please get your games played ASAP.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Free Agency

+4
LargeBillsONLY
ImbecileStream
dbake333
Admin
8 posters

Go down

Free Agency Empty Free Agency

Post  Admin Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:30 pm

Forum has got a little quite lately which was expected with getting further into the season so I thought I would ask for some suggestions for End of Year Free Agency. Like I have said activity will have a big effect on the order free agents are selected in. Records will also be considered and will have an effect on the order. But as far as the system, how many free agents are released, requirements for who should be released I am open to suggestions. Let me know if you have any input.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trdmadden.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Free Agency Empty Re: Free Agency

Post  Guest Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:22 pm

This is a system that I've seen in place b4. If some1 else has seen it, I'm not trying 2 take credit 4 it lol.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

After each season, each team will be required to make AT LEAST 5 cuts to their team. These players will count as each team's Free Agents after the season. Here's how the players will choose who to cut:

Cut 1 - One of your top 7 rated players
Cut 2 - One of your players rated from 8-14
Cut 3 - One of your players rated from 15-21
Cut 4 - One of your players rated from 22-28
Cut 5 - 29th rated player on your team or below

Here's an example of how my cuts would have to be made if my roster was to stay the same (one cut from each section):

Free Agency Maddencuts

*Keep in mind that just because you're cutting these players, it doesn't mean you're losing them for sure.

- If you decide to re-sign a player you cut as a free agent, you lose a pick in the FA Signings draft. If the player you choose keep is one of your top 7 rated players, you forfeit your 1st round pick (in FA draft). If it's one of your players rated 8-14, you forfeit your round 2 pick, etc. There will be 5 rounds in the draft.

Back to top Go down

Post  dbake333 Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:49 pm

This sounds like a good system to me. Should generate some activity
dbake333
dbake333

Back to top Go down

Post  ImbecileStream Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:23 pm

Yeah I think I like it, too.

So just to be sure, if you decide not to release any of your players, you will forfeit all of your picks in the FA Draft?
ImbecileStream
ImbecileStream

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:32 pm

Based on how the system in that post works, you're correct. I think it can still be tweaked 2 incorporate what DBronc wants (member activity, not including punters and kickers, etc)

Back to top Go down

Post  ImbecileStream Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:34 pm

I like that you can choose whether or not you want to partake in the FA draft.
ImbecileStream
ImbecileStream

Back to top Go down

Post  LargeBillsONLY Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:40 am

I think you should have to release a minimum number of players. No NFL team can ever even possibly retain every single player in the offseason.
LargeBillsONLY
LargeBillsONLY

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:36 am

Ya I wont allow teams to keep every player...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  delriogrande Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:02 pm

I like this system. The first round should be mandatory for all playoff teams. You should be required to drop 3/5 total for the FA draft. Also are we allowed to trade picks in the FA draft?
delriogrande
delriogrande

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:11 pm

possibly i think that might make it to complicated though. Check your Pm's.... I'm trying to figure out whats up with your game this week.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ImbecileStream Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:02 pm

delriogrande wrote:I like this system. The first round should be mandatory for all playoff teams. You should be required to drop 3/5 total for the FA draft. Also are we allowed to trade picks in the FA draft?

Wait, 3/5 of your entire team? That's a little drastic, IMO.
ImbecileStream
ImbecileStream

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:31 pm

I'm sure he's talking about 3 outta the 5 rounds.

Back to top Go down

Free Agency Empty Draft

Post  dangean Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:22 am

I have never been involved in a franchise. Could someone detail the draft process??? Where do the players come from, and how is it done?

-Dangean
dangean
dangean

Back to top Go down

Post  winnietheboss23 Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:04 pm

Haha I have no idea....
winnietheboss23
winnietheboss23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:59 pm

There's a draft board at the end of the season that allows you 2 see the players that are in the draft. They've already been created by EA.

Back to top Go down

Free Agency Empty Re

Post  dangean Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:02 am

So Essentially made up players with ranging attributes then??
dangean
dangean

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:30 am

The draft board shows all the players ratings. The only thing you don't know about the players are their potential.

Back to top Go down

Post  neon21 Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:38 am

Guest wrote:This is a system that I've seen in place b4. If some1 else has seen it, I'm not trying 2 take credit 4 it lol.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

After each season, each team will be required to make AT LEAST 5 cuts to their team. These players will count as each team's Free Agents after the season. Here's how the players will choose who to cut:

Cut 1 - One of your top 7 rated players
Cut 2 - One of your players rated from 8-14
Cut 3 - One of your players rated from 15-21
Cut 4 - One of your players rated from 22-28
Cut 5 - 29th rated player on your team or below

Here's an example of how my cuts would have to be made if my roster was to stay the same (one cut from each section):

Free Agency Maddencuts

*Keep in mind that just because you're cutting these players, it doesn't mean you're losing them for sure.

- If you decide to re-sign a player you cut as a free agent, you lose a pick in the FA Signings draft. If the player you choose keep is one of your top 7 rated players, you forfeit your 1st round pick (in FA draft). If it's one of your players rated 8-14, you forfeit your round 2 pick, etc. There will be 5 rounds in the draft.

I have a probliem with the first step to this. Remeber if we decide to do this most likely its going to be every year. What happens if the top players on my team are all 25 and yonger and studs, and everyone eles has a player that 30 to 35 years old. Yes it will be great for the rest of the league but not good for the player that decided to go young after the first year. I think there should be some sort of age requirment. cause it not fair that one person has to drop all young people and another team that has deepth like (Colts, Pats, I can name a few others but wont.) I dont think they should be punshed for there teams but I think maybe instead of top 7 you make it top 10 maybe or make it where you can drop 2 of the stage under to make up for the one you was spose to drop at that level. You said you can forfit your first pick in the FA poll to keep the player. Its going to be hard enough to get everyone here for the draft now you think we can get everyone here for a second day. in my other leave the draft took 2 hours half the people left before it was over. We did it on a bidding system for FA like the worst 7 teams got 15 next 7 got 14 next 7 got 13 and so on. Then after everyone dropped there players he opened up a bid for a week. if someone bid on someone theres a 24 hour timer if no one bid on that player again they get him. This continued for 1 week. after the week FA was closed. Now once you won a bid you lose that amount of money so when your out of money your FA is over. Also theres no with drawing your bids. And if you over bid on players you lose all FA to keep people from just bidding on everyone and make it easier on the comish. This seemed like a very fair systems for the playoff teams and the lower teams cause it made the lower teams get first pick on everyone. Now how they dropped players is everyone had to drop 1 80 and 3 70's. now if a player had a 38 year old that was a 97 then if he dropped him it counted as a 80. now in these players you had to have at least one offense and one defense. And the total amount of the player was decided before progressions. They had everyone put there pick up early so they could get started right after the super bowl. I just dont see if very fair if a team has lets say there top 7 are 99 97 95 92 91 90 90
and the other team is 99 95 91 86 85 82 78. That the first these has to drop a 90 where the second team has to drop a 78. I havent look at many of the teams but I do know a few of them are not that stacked, if you know what I mean.
neon21
neon21

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:56 am

ya my plan isnt really to do it like this, im looking more at doing teams release a player above an 80 to above a 70 and two more above a 60 or something like that.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down