The Reeel Deal Madden Franchise
Week 15 Advances Wednesday at Midnight, Please get your games played ASAP.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Week 15 Advances Wednesday at Midnight, Please get your games played ASAP.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Recap Chargers vs Broncos

4 posters

Go down

Game Recap Chargers vs Broncos Empty Game Recap Chargers vs Broncos

Post  Gilfish Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:20 pm

With the Chargers riding a seven game losing streak, everyone had virtually written off the Chargers. including their own owner. After commanding the first game, the Broncos came in hoping for a win here to stave off the Raiders and the resurgent Chiefs.

The Chargers made a few changes before the game, firing their defensive coordinator and publicly burning him to the stake. After being 4th in the league with number of interceptions thrown, Phillip Rivers was tarred and feathered. The owner, *code named Gilfish*, also had A.J. Smith castrated.

The first quarter began how it usually did: the first play from scrimmage was a 73 yd pass to Eddie Royal for a TD. This was followed by 2 three and outs by the Chargers and the Broncos putting up another TD and a field goal.

Finally however, the Chargers drove the ball down the field capping it off with a 20 yd TD run by Fred Taylor. After watching the TD, Cromartie gathered the defense together. After an inspirational speech referencing Jenna Jameson, the Teletubbies, and Sylvester Stallone (ill leave that one to the imagination), the defense took the field. Then, Cromartie picks off Sanchez and takes it to the house. Sanchez determined not to repeat that in the next drive, does the exact same to Cason. The Chargers were leading a game for the first time in a long time. At the half, it was 21-20.

The Chargers REALLY then took charge. They drove down the field again giving Antonio Gates some much needed TD love. Denver then drove it down the field to the red zone. Then on 4th and Goal, Roy Williams drops a perfect pass from Sanchez to him. The very next play, Fred Taylor makes Roy Williams hate himself by running 84 yards to the house. After one more drive with Fred Taylor stomping on orange grass once again, it was 42-20 at the end of the third.

With the Chargers defense playing their best ball all year they kept the Broncos out of the end zone till 2 min left. Despite a valiant effort by the Broncos, the Chargers pull off the upset of the week (in the eyes of this player).

All in all, great great props to Admin for being a great player and sport. I'm counting myself out of the playoffs this year barring some miracle, but the Broncos do not count them out. They are definitely a force to be reckoned with in the AFC West. As for the Bolts? While they still arent the best, they aren't pushovers make no mistake.

(tried to have some fun and humor with this Smile )
Gilfish
Gilfish

Back to top Go down

Game Recap Chargers vs Broncos Empty Re: Game Recap Chargers vs Broncos

Post  Energ21 Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:33 pm

Nice Gil. If the Chiefs win it'll be a 3 way tie for 1st! I thank you for letting me hold on to first for one more week.

My lack of talent is starting to catch up with me... i need to get a QB in the draft pronto. JaMarcus sucks...
Energ21
Energ21

Back to top Go down

Post  winnietheboss23 Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:32 am

ataboy gilfish! nice recap too
winnietheboss23
winnietheboss23

Back to top Go down

Post  Gilfish Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:37 am

i was going for corny lol-able humor

this forum is also my chief entertainment at work so i was hopin for comments Smile
Gilfish
Gilfish

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:49 am

I was pretty embarrassed. Going up 17-0 and losing is pretty pathetic. I give you credit, you hung in there when you were down and wouldn't let me get back into it.. GG
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trdmadden.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum