The Reeel Deal Madden Franchise
Week 15 Advances Wednesday at Midnight, Please get your games played ASAP.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Week 15 Advances Wednesday at Midnight, Please get your games played ASAP.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jags Report

2 posters

Go down

Jags Report Empty Jags Report

Post  abryant17 Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:50 pm

offense:
Really got nothing going the whole game. Scored on a couple lucky big plays. Threw to the flats so many times, usually to jones drew. If you pressure his offense you will have a pick fiesta. Mario williams even picked it. Running game a non factor

Defense:
His DL was big which made it harder to run but still got over 100. Picked it a couple times on quick throws but other than that easy D to beat. Screens and PA work well.

Special Teams:
Not a good returner or cover guy. Returned 2 kickoffs for tds on him. one was a squib kick

Overall Grade : C
abryant17
abryant17

Back to top Go down

Jags Report Empty Titans vs Jags

Post  delriogrande Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:13 am

Offense:
Scored a quick TD on a screen pass, I had it read but MJD broke 2 tackles, including Michael Griffin, and went 50+ to the end zone. Tried to kick a 58yd FG and missed by about 8 yards. Tried a 54yd FG and made it easily. Score was about 21-10 by half time, with me in lead. He ran a once or twice in the first half every set of downs but I was able to stop most runs for less than 3-5yds. Mostly a non-factor, he threw at least one INT in the first half. Most passes were off the mark, a lot to the RB out of the back field, a lot to M. Lewis, who was usually on a crossing route and/or mis-matched on a LB. I went up in the 2nd half pretty well and he abandoned the run. I blitzed, showed blitzed and he threw INT's, Griffin had 3 in the game, he dropped 2 others, Hope dropped 2 that hit him right in the chest. When I ran zone, he moved the ball, found the open guy. Combo coverage worked well, I usually lurk with the SS or the MLB.

Defense:
Ran a 4 man front, they're big but the Titans OL is better. I like zone blocking, reading the doubleteam and then hitting the hole as the center engages the next level worked well. He played as a DL, so my job was a lot easier. Only a few runs lost yards, a FB dive, an off-tackle, and several singleback blast/dives plays. Definitately run with a FB lead blocker, helps tremendously, his D personnel is not very great. I found the middle of the field open usually, he had 1 INT.

Special Teams:
Had 1 KR TD with a newly signed free agent, Walter Reid. His punt coverage skills are average. He almost ran one KR back but there was a hold call and he knew it so he ducked out of bounds at my 45. I think he had MJD as a returner, not smart if you ask me, look what happend to Leon Washington, out for the season with a torn pectoral muscle.

I was up a lot toward the end so I just kept running the ball, he couldn't stop it. I don't like to run up the score so I would stop his drives, he would punt, I would run til he stopped me and kick FGs. No reason to pass that late up by that much, after the 2 minute warning I called 2 kneel downs even though he had all 3 TO's, but he was fine with it and let the time expire.
delriogrande
delriogrande

Back to top Go down