The Reeel Deal Madden Franchise
Week 15 Advances Wednesday at Midnight, Please get your games played ASAP.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Week 15 Advances Wednesday at Midnight, Please get your games played ASAP.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Simmed Game

+2
dbake333
LargeBillsONLY
6 posters

Go down

My Simmed Game Empty My Simmed Game

Post  LargeBillsONLY Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:50 pm

I hate to complain, but my game getting simmed and my team taking a loss (to a team that I beat earlier in the season by double digits) may have just drastically affected the playoff picture in a way that I really, really feel it wouldn't have before.

I went pretty far out of my way to try and get this done, and my opponent went offline while we were trying to connect. We could have played this game two nights ago. I posted in the scheduling forum. I messaged the commish. I posted in the advancement thread. I did as much as I could.

And regardless, I just took a division loss to a team that I beat by 10 points in week 2, losing my 1st place ranking to the Chicago Bears and completely dropping my chances for a 1st-round playoff bye because my opponent logged off while we were trying to get the game started, and he's only on for the same 2-3 hour span (which I work during) to play every night.

I don't want to whine, but really, I think I should have been able to play this one vs the CPU. This guy wasn't going to beat me, and even with the win he's got no shot at the playoffs.

Last edited by LargeBillsONLY on Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
LargeBillsONLY
LargeBillsONLY

Back to top Go down

My Simmed Game Empty Re: My Simmed Game

Post  dbake333 Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:54 pm

Yea this is messed up its obvious the other guy didn't try because he's out maybe that other guy needs to be booted. give him one more chance and then get rid of him if it happens again
dbake333
dbake333

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:03 pm

See here is my thing. I haven't been on a whole lot this week and I don't know who is trying to play and who is not. Thats why I feel like I need you guys to be like, "we set up a time he didnt show", "I messaged him trying to schedule a time and he didnt get back to me for 24 hours ect". I had no idea what was going on between you and Blee, I know you had trouble getting it played because of connection issues and thats about it. I can't kick the person I think is going to lose and let the one who I think is going to win play the game. I just think I need people to be more forward with me as to what is going on..... I was hesitant to sim your game but after a 96 hour week instead of a 72 as we have been attempting to make for the past 9 weeks I just didn't know what to do. You told me you work at night so I figured you were gone for the rest of the day and I take blame for making a false assumption. I guess I am looking for more guidance from the people involved in the particular game as they no more about the specific situation than me.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trdmadden.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  delriogrande Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:55 pm

Louis your a solid player, who cares about the playoff bye, it's not that big of a deal.

I think the league should come up with a more standard way to deal with this issue.
delriogrande
delriogrande

Back to top Go down

Post  LargeBillsONLY Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:23 pm

Yeah, this was partially my fault. I should have better informed you on the whole thing, but ech. I'm just frustrated. We needed this win and I know I was going to get it if we played.
LargeBillsONLY
LargeBillsONLY

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:35 pm

Agreed, and I understand the frustration. I probably jumped the gun a bit. Here is my issue, it makes it hard to regulate much if the scheduling isn't done on the forums, because I have no idea whats going on otherwise. Someone can tell me that they have sent their opponent 5 messages and he hast replied when in fact he has and I would have no idea, temporarily boot the wrong person, and so on. I am open for suggestions about what to do here... This is the first time I have been a comish and understand its not perfect so I am always willing to hear input from you guys.

Personally I feel like the only way I feel as the situation would be perfect is scheduling through the forum, getting people to be active on the forum is pretty hard though, and I still have two users I believe who are not on the forums. Panthers and Seahawks. Panthers owner tried the other day and was having trouble. I am pretty sure he will join. Seahawks owner said he would join, and I will ask him again but he is good about getting his games played so I don't feel its worthy of making a huge deal about at this point.

Sooooo lets hear some suggestions....... In the mean time try to get your game played early in the week so this isn't an issue....
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LargeBillsONLY Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:37 pm

See, I did post on the scheduling forum, actually - he never replied. In fact, I haven't seen him active on these forums in quite awhile now. I just didn't point that out to you well enough.
LargeBillsONLY
LargeBillsONLY

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:41 pm

Wow, I definitely missed that, I take the blame there somehow it never showed up as unread. I will make sure to check those more frequently. I am making a thread for this weeks game, I recommend for everyone to try to schedule your game on there early in the week.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  abryant17 Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:48 am

yeah duuuudes happened to me too. jbriggs of the colts sat online for like 3 hours just in away status. hes the colts and has won like 2 games and it got simmed and he beat me which will prolly make me miss the playoffs. but its just a game, the commish is doin a good job even though hes gay as aids
abryant17
abryant17

Back to top Go down

Post  winnietheboss23 Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:19 pm

aye...gay as aids
winnietheboss23
winnietheboss23

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content