The Reeel Deal Madden Franchise
Week 15 Advances Wednesday at Midnight, Please get your games played ASAP.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Week 15 Advances Wednesday at Midnight, Please get your games played ASAP.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great game with a tad of controversy at the end

+2
LargeBillsONLY
Baxter 4 prez
6 posters

Go down

Great game with a tad of controversy at the end Empty Great game with a tad of controversy at the end

Post  Baxter 4 prez Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:48 pm

The Fins and Saints game lived up to its billing.

The Fins, leading 21-14 at the start of the 4th quarter had the ball at the 1 yard line, but threw a pick trying to catch the Saints off guard...the fins then stopped the saints and forced a punt, but Ted Ginn fumbled and the Saints ran it back..>After two big TD's, the Saints tacked on the field goal after diving before running into a wide open endzone and running the clock down. 31-28, its up to you to decide if thats a bush league move, either way it was a good game and my mistakes kept him in it, if I would have just ran Ronnie up the middle we might not be talking about the last undefeated team to fall, oh well! Great game LT!

Baxter 4 prez

Back to top Go down

Great game with a tad of controversy at the end Empty Re: Great game with a tad of controversy at the end

Post  LargeBillsONLY Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:00 pm

That's been done before in the NFL. I can recall Brian Westbrook doing it actually. It's a smart play. It's been said that Fitzgerald should have done that in the Super Bowl actually but he didn't think to.
LargeBillsONLY
LargeBillsONLY

Back to top Go down

Great game with a tad of controversy at the end Empty Re: Great game with a tad of controversy at the end

Post  Baxter 4 prez Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:01 pm

I'm not saying it is, I was just laying out there, it was a good game regardless, and like I noted, it was those two mistakes that even let him back in the game.

BTW: that was one time in how many NFL games?

Baxter 4 prez

Back to top Go down

Post  LargeBillsONLY Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:03 pm

Well, the situation itself doesn't come up often.

And most players are too excited in the moment to do it. It's like when a player intercepts a ball and then falls on the ground to end the game so he doesn't fumble - it's good for the team so you toss your personal glory out the window and get the win.

Westbrook was HEAVILY praised by the media, his teammates, AND football people in general for that play.

Remember Stokley's insane catch to win the game in week 1? At the end of it, he slowed down near the goalline and walked sideways a bit to run the clock out before he scored. Is it done often? No. Is the situation there to do it often? No. But is it smart and legal football-wise? Absolutely.

Last edited by LargeBillsONLY on Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
LargeBillsONLY
LargeBillsONLY

Back to top Go down

Post  Baxter 4 prez Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:04 pm

True...just sayin, its a tough way to lose, but I'm still 5-1 and its good knowing I had the game until that pick at the 1 yard line, I'll regret that one for a while.

Baxter 4 prez

Back to top Go down

Post  javierg3 Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:38 pm

I am going to have to agree with the lions, its a really smart play! In the madden world though it's cheese! Would I have been upset yes! BUT I would have eventually told my self that was the smartest thing to do on his part.

When I said its cheese I ment that in a form of thats what most if not all madden players would say to a play like that.

But to me great call on his part, sometimes a good defense is having your offense on the field to run out the clock. Good play IMO. Sounded like a great game!
javierg3
javierg3

Back to top Go down

Post  delriogrande Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:50 am

It seems like the smartest play since both of you were exchanging scores. When you can't stop your opponent's offense, better keep your offense on the field as long as possible.

INT in the endzone? That hurts.
delriogrande
delriogrande

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:35 pm

Ya I can see it both ways, if you want an official rule put in place for this type of situation I will put it to a vote..... Dunno what else I can really do, seems like it's pretty divided.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trdmadden.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumberjack240 Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:20 am

Stopping before the endzone is totally legal and an extremely smart play. I have done it before and I would do it again to ensure I would win a game. When it comes down to the end of a game and one score can make the difference I would totally do the same thing. Great play and great way to be aware of the time/situation. Baxter I understand your complaint but your only mad bc you lost. I think anyone in this league would be mad bc they lost like that. But you gotta give it to LargeBillsONLY for making a very heads up play
Lumberjack240
Lumberjack240

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down